Diversionary Work Program
Diversionary Work Program (DWP) is a four-month program for Minnesota low-income families. The goal is to help parents quickly find work so that they do not need to go on the Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP). DWP employment counselors offer job search assistance and support in order to help families achieve self-sufficiency. Most families who receive cash and food assistance from Ramsey County will automatically be enrolled in this four-month program.
- You must be receiving cash assistance to participate. Apply for cash assistance.
- Have qualifying income restrictions.
- Have children in the home under 18 years old.
- Live in Ramsey County.
- Work with a certified employment coach.
- Create an employment action plan.
- Explore careers that fit your skills and interests.
- Create a professional resume.
- Gain interview skills.
- Job seeker workshops.
- Funding for short-term job training (based on eligibility).
- Personalized guidance and support.
- Skills to look for and secure work.
- Customized job leads and referrals.
- A staffed office with computers, job leads and resources for you to use.
- On-site hiring events.