Child Care Assistance

Contact us
Alert symbol on red background

COVID-19 update

The Government Center East Building is open 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., but closed for in-person appointments. All Financial Assistance intake interviews, including Emergency Assistance, will take place over the phone, rather than in-person. Call 651-266-4444 to set an appointment up. Clients can send applications and verifications in via fax 651-266-3942 or drop them off in the drop box outside of the building.

If you are receiving financial assistance through Ramsey County, you do not need to reapply or renew your benefits at this time. You will receive your benefits through the end of April.

COVID-19 information and resources

Child care assistance

Ramsey County provides financial assistance through the Minnesota Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) to parents who can’t afford child care. CCAP provides child care assistance to families who have been on the Minnesota Family Investment Program or Diversionary Work Program in the last 12 months and to others who meet income guidelines on a sliding scale.

Funds are available for children up to age 12, and for children with special needs up to age 15.

Parents receiving child care assistance may pay part of the child care cost based on income and size of family.

Apply for child care assistance

Find child care

Resources for providers

Child care complaints or suspected fraud

Frequently asked questions