Ramsey County offers a variety of internship opportunities for students to enhance their academic studies with real world experience. Through internship placements, students receive relevant training while providing valuable public service to the community.
To qualify for an internship, candidates must be enrolled in a post-secondary, graduate-level or practicum program in coursework relevant to the duties of the internship.
Internships may be part-time or full-time. Some college programs require a minimum amount of hours in order for a student to earn college credits for their internship. Candidates should discuss these requirements with their supervisor prior to starting.
Internships may be paid or unpaid none offer benefits. Work locations vary by position.
Current internship openings
The following internship opportunities are currently available with Ramsey County.
Ramsey County Attorney's Office
Ramsey County Sheriff's Office
- Master of Social Work: Adult Mental Health Crisis Internship
- Master of Social Work: Adult Mental Health Urgent Care/ Children's Mental Health Crisis Internship
- Master of Social Work: Child Foster Care Licensing Internship
- Master of Social Work: Child Protection Case Management
- Master of Social Work: Child Protection Intake
- Master of Social Work: Children's Mental Health Case Management Internship
- Master of Social Work: Community (Macro) Practice-Research and Evaluation Office