Finance Career Fellowship
The Finance Professionals Career Fellowship Program is a Ramsey County initiative targeted at new, talented graduates with an interest in public service and the public finance profession.
Graduates accepted into the program will be appointed for a limited term of up to four years as an Accountant I or II and will serve 12-month rotational assignments in multiple departments. Candidates will gain exposure to county leaders and organization-wide perspectives through a structured quarterly cohort meeting with the Chief Financial Officer and senior county management.
After completion of this program, participants will have a full, well-rounded work experience that is intended to prepare them to compete favorably for available financial positions at Ramsey County through an open, competitive selection process
- Agree to participate in the program for up to four years.
- Agree to rotation assignments as determined by the program sponsor group.
- Receive compensation and health benefits as made available to other employees in the same accountant classifications.
- Be placed into unclassified, limited duration appointments that will not exceed four years for any one person, will not accrue seniority benefits and have no guarantee of future employment at Ramsey County.
- Receive credit for their years of experience in the program that will be fully counted towards applicable work experience and minimum requirements in other open financial positions at Ramsey County.
Applicants applying to the fellowship program must currently possess a bachelor’s degree in accounting or closely related field, or currently be enrolled in the final semester of their program with the ability to obtain their degree by the end of the current semester. Students who are in the process of graduating by December 2019 are highly encouraged to apply. Ramsey County is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications for the fellowship are currently being accepted.