Community Resources

Ramsey County community partners and local organizations are offering resources and assistance during the coronavirus/COVID-19 outbreak. This page will be updated on a regular basis with new information regarding food resources, housing resources, mental health crisis services and volunteer opportunities. Please check back for the latest information.

Child care resources

YMCA Child Care Programs

The YMCA is collaborating with local government and health officials to offer child care from six weeks through sixth grade in various programs that meet family needs. The Y adheres to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Minnesota Department of Health strict guidelines. View registration details and additional information about school aged care and early childhood learning centers.

Scroll table right to see more

Food resources

Please call a site before visiting in person to be sure you have the most up to date information.

Call the Minnesota Food Help Line at 888-711-1151 to connect to programs that can increase your food budget such as SNAP, WIC or other food resources. Interpreters are available.

Programs to increase monthly food budgets

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)

SNAP, also known as food stamps, helps Minnesotans get the food they need for nutritious and well-balanced meals. If you had a loss of income, or change in circumstances, apply as soon as possible. If you qualify, you will receive monthly benefits on an EBT card (like a credit card) that can be used at many stores and farmers markets. SNAP resources:

Contact Financial Assistance Services for assistance by calling 651-266-4444. Community partners can also check your eligibility and help you apply:

Women, Infants and Children (WIC)

WIC participants receive benefits on an eWIC EBT card (like a credit card) that allow you to purchase healthy foods such as milk, cheese, eggs, whole grains, fruits and vegetables. WIC also offers nutrition counseling, breastfeeding support and community referrals. Due to COVID, all WIC services are being provided over the phone. 

The WIC program is available for women, infants and children in Ramsey County that meet the following guidelines:

  • Women that are pregnant.
  • Women that have had a baby in the last 6 months.
  • Women breastfeeding a baby less than 12 months old.
  • Families with children up to the age 5.

Call the Ramsey County WIC program at 651-266-1300 to find out if you are eligible. Appointments are available in English, Hmong, Karen, Somali and Spanish.

Programs and services for all

Food shelves

Most Ramsey County food shelves are allowing anyone in need to come. Call first to find out reduced hours, locations and what you may need to bring to receive food.

Free meals

Many organizations within Ramsey County are offering free prepared meals for you and your family. Due to COVID19, location, hours and services have changed. Call first for latest details. 

Programs for children under the age of 18 

Free Meals for Kids mobile app

The app is a great way to help families and kids locate free healthy meals during the pandemic. Visit the links below to download the free app:

Meals for kids during statewide school closings

Hunger Solutions has collected information on where families and kids can go to get a free meal during Minnesota’s statewide school closures. View the meals for kids during COVID-19 map.

School districts offering free meals

Check with your local school district for up to date information on meal pickup locations and timing, delivery needs and school district specific requests or options.

School district Contact
Mounds View Public Schools: ISD 621 651-621-6000
North Saint Paul-Maplewood-Oakdale: ISD 622 651-748-7622
Roseville Area Schools: ISD 623 651-635-1600
Saint Anthony and New Brighton: ISD 282


Saint Paul Public Schools: ISD 625 651-632-3760 
White Bear Lake Area Schools: ISD 624 651-407-7500

Programs for seniors

Help at Your Door

Help at Your Door offers grocery delivery service to seniors over 60 and individuals with disabilities across Minnesota’s seven-county Twin Cities metropolitan area for a small fee. The fee may be reduced based on income. The program accepts EBT/SNAP payments. Visit the grocery assistance page or call 651-642-1892 for more information.

Meals on Wheels

Meals on Wheels provides nutritious meal delivery for older and disabled adults who are homebound on a short-term or long-term basis. Eligible participants are people who are 60 years old or more or people with short-term or long-term disabilities. Visit the sign up page or call 651-318-9091 for more information.

Metropolitan Area Agency on Aging

The Metropolitan Area Agency on Aging provides a resource list of services offered across the state including those provided to American Indian elders. View the resources list or call the Senior LinkAge Line at 800-333-2433.

Nutrition Assistance Program for Seniors (NAPS)

Second Harvest Heartland provides a box of nutritious food each month to low-income seniors 60 years old and over through the program. Program participants are given a box of highly nutritious food that may include canned fruits, vegetables and juices, milk, cheese, canned meat, peanut butter or dried beans, cereal, rice or pasta. Qualifying participants must be low-income Minnesota residents (seniors at 130% poverty level). Participants are required to provide recently postmarked mail with name and address, knowledge of current gross monthly household income, and picture ID. Call 651-484-8241 for eligibility to find a locationInterpreter services are available by calling 800-365-0270. Delivery is offered to home-bound seniors. 

Programs for people with transportation or mobility barriers

Metro Mobility Grocery and Goods Delivery 

Certified Metro Mobility customers can order groceries and household essentials online from a store that has online shopping and local pick up. Metro Mobility will pick up your order and deliver it to your house. Current Metro Mobility customers are eligible. You may qualify for Metro Mobility if you have a disability or health condition that at least prevents you from using Metro Transit busses or trains. For more information visit the Metro Mobility Grocery and Goods Delivery page, call 651-602-1111, or email Metro Mobility.

Food resources from other community partners 


Service Area


Additional Resources


Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park, and East Champlin.



Centennial Community Food Shelf

East Blaine, Lexington, Circle Pines, Lino Lakes and Centerville.



Christian Cupboard Emergency Food Shelf

Woodbury, Oakdale, Landfall, and part of south Maplewood.


Comet's Cupboard Concordia University Saint Paul students, staff and faculty. 651-641-8261  
Franciscan Brothers of Peace Food Shelf Saint Paul. 651-646-8586  
Friends in Need Saint Paul and surrounding area. 651-458-0730  

Good In the ‘Hood’s Foodshelf-In-A-Box

Multiple metro locations. 612-217-4003  
The Hallie Q. Brown Food Shelf Summit-University neighborhood of Saint Paul. 651-224-4601  

Hugo Good Neighbors Food Shelf

Hugo, Centerville, portions of Lino Lakes and portions of White Bear Lake.


Hunger Solutions Hunger relief information across Minnesota. 651-486-9860
Keystone Food Shelves Saint Paul locations, no geographic restriction. 651-645-0349
Merrick Food Shelves Maplewood residents and east side of Saint Paul residents. 651-287-2088  
Neighborhood House Food Support Program West side of Saint Paul and Sibley Manor in Highland Park. 651-789-2500  
Neighbors, Inc. Food Shelf South Saint Paul.  651-455-5000  
North St. Paul Area Food Shelf North St. Paul and Oakdale.  651-770-1309  
Ralph Reeder Food Shelf Mounds View Public School District. 651-621-6280  
Saint Paul Public Schools Nutrition Services  All Saint Paul families.  651-603-4950
  • Call 651-696-9600 to locate your bus stop pick up location.
  • Call 651-523-6328 if you have a critical need for delivery. 
Salvation Army Eastside Corps East side of Saint Paul.  651-776-8169  
Second Harvest Heartland Southern Minnesota and western Wisconsin.  888-339-3663
Union Gospel Mission Twin Cities Saint Paul. 651-292-1721  
White Bear Area Emergency Food Shelf White Bear Area School District. 651-407-5310  
Scroll table right to see more

Housing resources

Housing Link has created a COVID-19 resource for renters page including specific information for renters in Minnesota regarding evictions, unemployment insurance, emergency assistance, food, utilities, internet and effective communication with landlords. The resource page tracks the executive orders of Governor Tim Walz regarding evictions and lease terminations during COVID-19. 

Ramsey County works with a variety of local agencies to provide resources for people who are experiencing homelessness, at risk of becoming homeless or need emergency assistance to stay in their homes. View the Housing Services and Support page for additional homeless assistance information. Visit Heading Home Ramsey for additional community partner resources. 

Resources for homeless services providers

The Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) issued updated guidance for homeless services providers. This updated guidance provides specific information on what shelters can and should do to prepare and what to expect if there is a positive case in your setting.

Homeless prevention resources from community partners

Organization Program Services Provided Contact
American Indian Family Center Thinica Owichakiyapi Thipi. Rent assistance. 651-793-3803
Community Support Center Homelessness prevention. Works with residents of New Brighton, Mounds View, North Oaks, Shoreview and Arden Hills to prevent homelessness. 651-387-8050
Comunidades Latinas Unidas en Servicio (CLUES) Homelessness prevention. Rent assistance. 612-746-3550
Face to Face Youth Homelessness Project. Youth outreach and limited rent assistance. 651-772-9644
Lutheran Social Services StreetWorks Collaborative. Youth outreach.  651-354-3345
Minnesota Community Care House calls. Rent and utility shutoff assistance. 651-266-1290
Neighborhood House FHPAP Housing Assistance. Rent and utility shutoff assistance. 651-789-2500
The Salvation Army Youth emergency shelter. Hotel beds are available now through Monday, April 27 for unsheltered youth who are ages 18-24. 651-444-5757
YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities Homelessness prevention and outreach. Youth prevention and rent assistance. 763-493-3052
Scroll table right to see more

Mental health crisis resources

Are you in crisis? Call 911 for immediate needs.

Mental health crisis services are available 24/7 for all adults and children. In the event of a mental health crisis call:

View additional mental health crisis services information or find mental health community partners below.

Organization Contact Services
Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Resources 651-266-7900 Services for those to transition to community living when impaired with symptoms of mental illness.
American Indian Family Center 651-793-3803 Using holistic and traditional approach, incorporating healing aspects such as ceremony and traditional practices.

Amherst H. Wilder Foundation
Adult Day Services (ADS)

651-280-2500  Services for those with disabilities and need supervised care outside of his or her residence during the day.

Breaking Free 

651-645-6557 Services for women escaping sexual exploitation.

Canvas Health  

651-777-5222 Outpatient mental health diagnosis and treatment.

Casa de Esperanza Advocacy

651-772-1611 Services for people experiencing domestic violence.

Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic

651-266-7890  Care process with care coordinator.

Children’s Hospitals and Clinics Behavioral Health 

651-220-6720 Psychological services for mental and chemical health.

Children’s Therapeutic Services and Supports

651-262-5841 Mental health services for youth.

Communidades Latinas Unidas En Servicio (CLUES)

651-379-4200 Mental health for Spanish-speaking community members.

Face to Face Counseling Services 

651-379-4200 For youth experiencing housing instability.

Guadalupe Alternative Programs (GAP)


Mental health and behavioral services for youth and support services for the family.

Health Partners Clinics  

651-647-2100 Behavioral health and addiction services.
Hmong American Partnership 651-495-1557 Provides chemical and mental health services for Hmong-speaking community members.
Hmong Cultural Center 651-917-9937

Provides consultation, evaluation and referral to Hmong Shaman who uses ceremonies and herbs to treat individuals.

Metro Social Services and Children’s Therapeutic Services

651-647-0647 Mental and behavioral support services.

Minnesota Warmline 

651-288-0400 Peer-to-peer approach by a team of professionally trained certified peer specialists.
National Alliance on Mental Illness
Minnesota (NAMI)
888-626-4435 Provides education to communities on mental health issues and advocates for resources to fight stigmas.

New Season
Opioid Treatment-

651-773-0832  Substance abuse treatment.

Northeast Youth & Family Services


Mental health and social service agency serving people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds.

North Star Health Alliance LLC
Adult Day Services (ADS)

651-292-1284  Services for those with disabilities and need supervised care outside of his or her residence during the day.
Open Cities Health Center 651-290-9200 

Counseling services available in individual, group and family sessions.


952-838-9000  Offers publications and resources to enable children and young adults with special needs or disabilities to make decisions about education and resources available to them.

People Incorporated

651-774-0011 Mental health clinic.

Prairie Care

952-826-8475 Offering teleheatlh services for new and established patients. 
Progressive Individual Resources, Inc. 651-222-6567 

Services to help a person acquire skills that have been lost due to mental illness or brain injury.


Ramsey County Children's Mental Health Collaborative 651-293-5951 Resources for families to support children/s mental health.

Ramsey County Health and Human Services 

651-266-4000 Substance abuse treatment.
SEWA-AIFW- South Asian Community Health & Social Services 952-905-4640 Provides mental health on domestic violence services for Asian Indian Families. 
Sonam at True Thao Counseling Services 651-771-2155 Provides outpatient therapy for refugees and is trained in Narrative Exposure Therapy. Fluent in Nepali, Hindi, and Tibetan.

SOS Sexual Violence Services

651-266-1000 Free and confidential services for victims of sexual violence, their partners, families, friends and other concerned persons.

Specialized Treatment Services
Opioid Treatment-

612-902-5915  Substance abuse treatment.


651-365-8289 Mental health clinic. 

US Veterans Affairs

651-644-4022 Counseling services. 

Vietnamese Social Services of MN Elders Program  

651-644-1317 Resources for elders and their families.

Relief programs

Disaster relief grants for veterans

Ramsey County veterans who have experienced negative financial impacts as a result of COVID-19 can apply for a one-time financial relief grant of $1,000 funded by the Minnesota Legislature. The applications window for the disaster relief grant opened April 6, 2020. The grants will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, limited to the length of existing funds.

View qualifications and additional relief grant information.

Saint Paul Bridge Fund

The Saint Paul Bridge Fund is an emergency relief program for families with children and small businesses impacted by the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic. The $3.85 million fund will be distributed to qualifying Saint Paul families with children as a flat-rate $1,000 grant and to qualifying small businesses as a flat-rate $7,500 grant. It is designed to complement other state and federal emergency relief programs and ‘bridge the gap’ between now and when those dollars are available.

View application details and additional Bridge Fund details.

Technology resources

Do you have a basic computer or technology question? Help is available over the phone by appointment from Ramsey County Library. Call 651-724-6001 to schedule your appointment. View additional technology help and modified library services

View a blog post from Saint Paul Public Library of technology resources for people who don’t have internet or computer access at home.

Volunteer opportunities

Volunteers play a critical role in serving our community. Ramsey County remains deeply grateful to the thousands of volunteers that donate their time and energy each year to help us deliver programs and services that enhance our quality of life.

If you are interested in volunteering during the COVID-19 pandemic, the following organizations have information on local and remote opportunities.

Ramsey County is evaluating the best way to engage volunteers in our organization during the COVID-19 pandemic. Most volunteer opportunities are temporarily suspended as we switch to online and phone-based service delivery. Opportunities to serve through Ramsey County will be posted to our website as they are identified.

The Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) of Ramsey County needs additional support during the extended COVID-19 response. Learn more about MRC and sign up.