It is illegal to place electronics that have a circuit board or cathode ray tube (CRT) in the trash.
Protect your security when recycling electronics:
- Erase media, such as diskettes, CDs or PC cards.
- Use a disk-wiping software program rather than reformatting your disks or deleting files.
Learn more about destroying data:
Consider these electronics recycling options:
- City clean up events (City clean-up events generally provide electronic waste disposal at a reduced cost.)
- Washington County's Environmental Center (Ramsey County residents can use this center for free.)
- Bring electronics to a recycling company below. Call to verify items accepted, hours and fees.