COVID-19 disaster relief grants available for veterans
The Minnesota Legislature has approved a one-time financial relief grant of $1,000 to counter the negative effects and economic impact COVID-19 has had on veterans and their families. Applications for the disaster relief grant will be taken starting April 6, 2020. The grants will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, limited to the length of existing funds.
To qualify for the COVID-19 Special Needs Grant, applicants must be:
- A veteran or the surviving spouse (who has not remarried) of a deceased veteran as defined by MN Statute 197.447, and
- A Minnesota Resident, and
- Have been negatively financially impacted by COVID-19
Veterans married to each other are both authorized to apply for and receive their own disaster relief grants.
- Program overview
- COVID-19 disaster relief grant application
- Webpage to submit completed grant application
Visit the Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs Disaster Relief Grant page for more details and application information, or contact Ramsey County Veterans Services for support and assistance at 651-266-2545 or online.